domingo, 1 de janeiro de 2012

What a crazy idea!


Hi everyone.

It's New Year's day and I decided to embrace this experience of spending 365 days eating and drinking only what is healthy. It's going to be tough, I know. But I believe it's doable. We all know what is healthy but this awareness does not make things easier. How to resist coke on the summer, for example? Or Mc Donald’s on a rush day? 

Right now I've just finished preparing a Brazilian dessert with layered cookies inside and condensed milk, which I'm taking to my sister's house for the family lunch and I won't eat it! As I write this my daughter opens a panettone filled with chocolate and takes a slice. The smell wakes my stomach!

I know there will be exceptions, and I’ll establish some rules here. Because I know it's healthier to eat a piece of chocolate when I'm close to my period than to let the hormones transform me into a monster ready to kill if I'm under chocolate deprivation. But the rules will be clear and I'll stick to them.

Just to start, I'll tell you my today's breakfast.

A glass of water (yes! water is healthy and we all know that) and an hour later a shake made with nonfat milk, banana and oat. And a bit of honey to sugar it.

I'll come back later and tell you how was my experience during family lunch and I hope I have your support for the weak days.

I'll also tell you my height, weight and I'll make a blood exam to compare the results at the end of the year.

Wish me luck!

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário